Danner Mountain Light
Made in the USA.
The original Mountain Light, introduced back in 1979, is believed by many to be greatest backpacking boot of all time. Danner bootmakers build the new model to the exact same specs as the original, down to the color of the full-grain leather and the embossed Danner logo.
Ask a seasoned backpacker what the ideal hiking boot looks like, and youre bound to hear a description of the Mountain Light. Thats because for over 30 years, the Mountain Light set the standard for every new product that hit the market. And in all that time, nothing ever dethroned the original. Today, were proud to reintroduce this classic boot. Every single pair is built by hand in Portland, Oregon with full-grain leather, Vibram® Kletterlift outsoles, and waterproof GORE-TEX liners. The result is classic design that provides unmatched comfort and support.
HOW IT FITS
Danner's 650 EE last offers a roomier fit for relaxed comfort while still offering rugged support and stability. This EE is not as wide as others so it offers the most universal fit for casual, everyday wear. We recommend sizing down a half size for the best fit.
- Made in the USA
- 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® liner is engineered to keep your feet dry and comfortable - even in extreme conditions
- Full-grain, one-piece, all-leather upper offers a classic look with superior waterproof protection and durability
- Danner's hand crafted stitchdown construction provides a wider platform for increased stability underfoot. This construction makes the boot recraftable in our Portland factory
- Danner® Airthotic® a half- length, molded polyurethane instep that cups the heel and supports the arch area of the foot
- Danner's 650 EE last offers a roomier fit without sacrificing support and stability. We recommend sizing down a half size for the best fit
- Vibram® Kletterlift outsole is specifically designed for comfort and durability. The heel provides lightweight comfort as well as superb shock absorption. The compound guarantees great traction and stability on both wet and dry surfaces
- Fiberglass shank
- 5" height
- 62 oz